Monday 1 August 2011

Magicseaweed info design





This is an info graphic I designed for the well knows surf forecast website 'magicseaweed' whist doing work experience there at the beginning of summer. They wanted me to design an info graphic template for each spot on the world surfing tour.

The graphic had to contain information about optimum swell directions for each spot, predicted swell sizes, where the swell comes from and information about how good the waves have been during previous years. Above is what I came up with. The top map is an interactive home page where the user clicks on what spot they want to get information on. The user is then taken to one of the info pages above.

I stuck with a theme of incorporating the iconic star rating system that magicseaweed uses in their forecasts within my infographic. I chose my colour scheme from the colour of the stars on the site. I also used the way that swells are visualised on the website as red being good through to green through to blue and finally purple being not so good within the swell predictions.
I designed 11 pages for the 11 spots on the surfing world tour (the ASP WCT). The info graphic is due to be published on the magicseaweed website in the next month.

(the body of text is just random text to fill the space for visual purpose. Magicseaweed will fill the text box with there own information before publishing the articles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment